Skunks can be problematic mostly due to the dreadful odor. For some, it’s so bad it is nauseating. If you own a skunk in and round you lawn, you will want to eliminate it.
Like many pest problems, you want to start figuring o
ut what brought the skunk to your lawn in the first place. There are many things that you can do to prevent this attraction and keep the skunks away. Here are the most effective ways to maintain skunks from coming about your property.
1. Do away with your leaf piles. You will find insects in these that skunks will come to your yard to consume.
2. Make confident that there’s a lid and seal on these. Skunks and other insects find food on your garbage, so do your best to keep them out.
3. Avoid leaving out pet food that could be retrieved by skunks or other animals.
4. Keeping lids on these or at least a couple inches of cover will work best to keep the skunks out.
5. Use a flood lighting. Motion detector products are among the better methods for getting rid of a skunk in the lawn and a flood lighting is extremely effective. Skunks don’t like being vulnerable in the light. This will dissuade them off to another area that’s darker.
6. Use a sprinkler as another movement sensor device. This may ship a gentle burst of water that will frighten the skunk. After awhile the skunk should get the message.
7.Make certain to reapply them particularly after a heavy rain. There are also skunk repellents which you can buy. It is best to use repellents that mimic a skunk’s predators. This will intimidate skunks and help keep them off.
8. Contact a skunk and Raccoon Removal company.